When you shift on a physical level, you shift on an emotional level…
Contact us to create a Custom Nutritional Consultation Package, tailored to your specific preferences
WHAT IS HOLISTIC NUTRITION?
Holistic Nutrition does not adhere to the “one size fits all” mentality. With Holistic Nutrition, it is understood that each person is bio-chemically individual. It is based on a lifestyle of natural nutrition. It is the quality, not the quantity of foods that is focused upon. The quality of food greatly affects, not only how we look, but how we feel – there is a great mind-body connection with the foods we eat. Holistic Nutrition is not about restrictive eating – it is about enjoying eating. Eating for health and energy – not starving, not counting calories, not dieting. Eating frequently and including plenty of high-nutrient, energy-producing, natural foods.
Not only will you feel better, you will look better, think more clearly and have more energy. A diet of natural foods also has many anti-aging benefits! Excess body weight, digestive issues, sluggishness and more, may be symptoms of an imbalance within the body. At Vitalife we work with our clients to discover and correct possible imbalances, and to achieve and maintain healthy weight and digestion. It is not only what we put into our body, but also how our body absorbs and assimilates these nutrients that is important. We work with many clients struggling with weight and digestive issues, as well as utilizing detoxification and cleansing, when appropriate.
Maintaining an ideal body weight and healthy digestive system may be difficult for some. At Vitalife we will help you understand the foods that work with your individual body chemistry to help you burn fat, eliminate cravings, increase energy, and have a healthy digestive system. At Vitalife, we don’t believe in “dieting”. Instead we will work with you through an individual program to maximize the rate at which your body burns calories, and the efficiency with which your body digests food. With just a few minor changes you can begin to see and feel immediate results!
At Vitalife we work with our clients – acting also as an educator so that you can acquire the knowledge to continue to make healthful and informed decisions regarding nutrition and wellbeing. We will teach you about the benefits of whole foods, and the added benefits of many “superfoods”. Food is nourishment and is seen as such, in that it influences our body, mind and spirit. We will work with you on a program of balance, health, and weight loss tailored to you and your specific needs.
Customized menus are also available.
“The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
- There are certain foods that increase the rate at which your body burns calories.
- Many foods can signal your body to burn fat as fuel.
- Not eating enough can actually cause you to gain weight or prevent weightloss.
- Eating the right foods is only part of the equation – how you absorb and assimilate those foods is often overlooked.
- Too much of a good thing? Excessive consumption of a food can lead to an allergy or sensitivity to that food.
- You may unknowingly be addicted to common foods! Cravings for certain foods may signal an addiction
- Quality carbohydrates are essential for providing energy for your mind and body.
- Eating refined sugar actually causes you to crave sugar. It has also been linked to hypoglycemia, a weakened immune system, mental and emotional disorders, and when consumed in excess is stored in the body as fat. There are many natural, healthy alternatives to refined sugar.
- Drink your water!! Your body is more efficient at metabolizing fat when you’re well hydrated.
- Cravings for chocolate may be your body’s way of telling you it needs magnesium!
- Magnesium is known as the anti-stress mineral and it can help fight depression, boost energy, burn fat, and combat PMS symptoms.
- Adding more plant-based foods to your diet has been shown to decrease incidence of diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and obesity.
- More than 60 million people in North America are lactose-intolerant!
- Cow’s milk contains 288mg of calcium per cup; sesame seeds contain 2200mg of calcium per cup
- Simple changes can produce big results!
- Eating whole, natural and unrefined foods is much simpler than you think!
“Nothing tastes as good as fit, healthy, and vital feels.” – Anthony Robbins
Contact us to create a Custom Nutritional Consultation Package, tailored to your specific preferences.