WHAT IS COLON HYDROTHERAPY? (also known as Colonics)
Colon Hydrotherapy, also referred to as a colonic, colon cleansing, high colonic, or colonic irrigation, is a safe and effective method of removing wastes and toxic build-up from the colon, without the use of drugs or supplements. Warm filtered water flows gently and easily into the colon area, softening fecal matter and other wastes and stimulating the colons natural peristaltic action, to assist in detoxification, and cleansing years of excess mucus, fecal matter, gas, environmental or food pollutants, medication and other harmful toxic substances. True health in our body requires us to have a healthy digestive system in order to maintain proper daily function in our lives. Contact us to learn more about our sessions, prices and the benefits of a colon cleanse.
With colon hydrotherapy we cleanse the colon, and in turn this decreases the toxic load on the body’s other elimination organs, thereby helping to cleanse the entire body. At Vitalife Clinic we are proud to use the Passive Gravity System for Colonics.
With a coffee enema, this is for specifically cleansing the liver. The liver is a major detoxification organ in that it processes and neutralizes all toxic chemicals, whether they come from our own body or the environment.
In essence, the coffee enema stimulates the flow off bile and increases the enzymatic action of the liver. Bile is formed by the liver – it is then stored in the gallbladder. Bile is then secreted into the intestines via bile ducts, carrying waste for transit from the body. Coffee enemas stimulate the opening of these bile ducts.
Caffeine and palmitates (chemicals in coffee) work synergistically to stimulate and cleanse the liver and blood. Without entering the digestive tract the caffeine is absorbed through the bowel wall, via blood vessels, and makes its way directly to the liver.
The caffeine exposure causes the liver’s portal veins and the bile ducts to expand which increases the release of diluted toxic bile. The enema fluid triggers peristalsis (intestinal muscle contractions) and the efficient removal of wastes from the body.
Palmitates in the coffee stimulate and increase the production of a liver enzyme called glutathione-S-transferase (GST), which removes free radicals and toxic cells from the bloodstream and facilitates detoxification of the liver. As a result of the enema the liver becomes less congested with debris, which makes room for the filtering process of yet more bodily toxins. Palmitates in coffee increase the production of GST by 700 times. These powerful free-radical-quenching enzymes assist your liver to more effectively detoxify your entire body.
Additionally, coffee contains the alkaloid theophylline. which dilates blood vessels, increasing blood dialysis across the colon wall.
Ideally, the coffee enema should be retained for twelve to fifteen minutes during which time the body’s blood supply circulates and passes through the liver approximately five times (every three minutes). Since the blood serum is detoxified as it flows through the caffeinated liver, the enema is essentially a form of blood dialysis (filtering) across the colon wall. Drinking coffee has no such therapeutic benefits, but when you take it rectally the caffeine stimulates certain nerves that immediately cause the liver to release its toxins.
Great reasons to try coffee enemas today!
- Coffee enemas reduce levels of systemic toxicity by up to 700 percent. According to the late Dr. Max Gerson, a pioneer of coffee enema therapy and its effectiveness as part of his famous Gerson Diet, caffeine and other beneficial compounds in coffee stimulate the production of glutathione S-transferase (GST) in the liver. GST is said to be the “master detoxifier” in the body, as this powerful enzyme binds with toxins throughout the body and flushes them out during the enema process.
- According to a 1982 study conducted by the National Research Council (NRC), the effect of green coffee bean consumption on the production of GST in test mice was an astounding 600 percent increase in the liver, and a 700 percent increase in the small intestine. In humans, the effect is similar, if not amplified, during a coffee enema, as coffee is able to directly stimulate the liver without having to first run through the digestive tract. The result is a powerful detoxifying effect that is unmatched by sheer diet alone.
- Coffee enemas boost energy levels, improve mental clarity and mood. As with any detox protocol, the body is effectively ridding itself of poisons that sludge up the blood; decrease oxygen transfer; and clog up the intestines, all of which generally leave a person feeling fatigued and ill. A coffee enema is a particularly effective detoxifier; however, as the direct absorption of caffeine and palmitates into the bloodstream stimulates the release of bile and the efficient removal of wastes from the body in one fell swoop. The end result is a detoxifying release so powerful that many people describe it as a “high” marked by significantly improved energy levels, enhanced mental clarity, and better moods.
- Coffee enemas detoxify, repair liver. If you regularly suffer from symptoms like bloating, stomach pain, flatulence, and other problems commonly associated with poor digestion, chances are your liver is overburdened and not functioning up to par. Coffee enemas are an excellent way to fix this however, as the coffee and all of its nutrients are directly absorbed into the liver through the colon wall, where they take on the immense toxic load that the liver is otherwise unable to process quickly enough on its own.
- Coffee enemas relieve chronic pain, ease “die-off” symptoms during cleanses, detox regimens. Interestingly, one of the earliest known uses for enemas was as a pain reliever. During World War I, nurses actually discovered that water enemas effectively relieved soldiers’ pain when drugs like morphine were in short supply. Fast forward about a decade and researchers out of Germany had made the discovery that coffee worked even better than water at offering powerful analgesic benefits, which can be particularly helpful when undergoing other dietary cleanses and detoxes that cause “die-off” and other uncomfortable symptoms
- While drinking coffee will stimulate the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight), coffee in an enema triggers the parasympathetic nervous system, shifting us into a relaxed and restful state, thus decreasing stress and inflammatory hormones
- Simulate bile flow and increase enzymatic action of the liver
- Increased bile flow also alkalinizes the small intestine and promotes improved digestion
- All of our blood passes through the liver every 3 minutes. The Coffee Enema increases blood flow through the liver, resulting in a form of dialysis and a uniquely effective detoxification
Colonics (Colon Hydrotherapy) is a great way to eliminate constipation, detoxify the major organs of elimination and restore normal bowel function. Dr. Bernard Jensen, DC, PhD, states: “Poor bowel management lies at the root of most peoples health problems. This is because the poisons back up in the system polluting our inner environment. We call this autointoxication or self-poisoning.”
Constipation is a big problem today in our society – it’s when you have to strain to have a bowel movement, have hard stools, infrequent or incomplete bowel movements, discomfort, or a perception that bowel movements are different from usual. At Vitalife Digestive Wellness Clinic, we are here to assist you all the way. Some people feel fatigue, aches, and mental sluggishness from constipation; others get headachy.
In a healthy colon, bowel movements occur two or three times a day – you should have a bowel movement following each and every meal as it is extremely important to keep regular in order to have a clean system. At Vitalife in Toronto, we use colonics to cleanse, re-tone and restore the shape of the colon, thus relieving and preventing constipation. Getting regular colonics can help to strengthen the colon and restore normal peristalsis in a sluggish bowel. This is a safe and effective way of relieving constipation – we use only warm filtered water, and disposable equipment.
We are exposed often to toxins everywhere – from the air we breathe, to the foods we eat, even as a result of metabolism. These toxins may cause irritation, constipation, and inflammation throughout our bodies. Colon Cleansing is an effective means of detoxing our bodies.
Body systems and organs that were once capable of cleaning out unwanted substances are now completely over-loaded to the point where toxic material remains inside our tissues. Our bodies try to protect us from dangerous substances by setting it aside, surrounding it with mucus and fat so that it will not cause an imbalance or trigger an immune response (some people carry over 10 extra pounds of mucus in our bodies that harbors this waste)
Waste material, especially that which has remained in the colon for awhile (impacted feces, dead tissue, accumulated mucus, harmful parasites etc.) is quite toxic. These toxins can re-enter and circulate in our bloodstream making us feel sick, fatigued or weak on a daily basis.
If any of the 5 elimination organs functions below the norm, it places an extra burden upon the others in the body’s effort to get rid of its metabolic waste material. When the major elimination organ, the bowel (also known as the colon) is overworked, it places extra work on the skin, lungs, kidneys and lymphatic system. This can lead to: bloating, indigestion, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, low energy levels, fatigue, heartburn, headaches, aches and pains, weight problems/difficulty with weight loss, insomnia, facial and body acne, endocrine disturbances, irritability, parasites, abdominal distension, candida issues, allergies, difficulty concentrating, sallow complexion, immune and circulatory problems, arthritis, skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, backaches, anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and food sensitivities.
More Information About Colon Cleansing and Colon Hydrotherapy from Vitalife Digestive Wellness Clinic in Toronto ON
Cleansing the major elimination organ in the body, the colon, lessens the load on the other elimination organs. Cleansing your colon is a very important step to detox your body.
Removal of human waste material – detoxification – is essential to the healthy functioning of our bodies. There are many ways to eliminate toxins from the body however the most popular, effective and a safe form of detoxification is Colon Hydrotherapy or colon cleanse.
Also referred to as a colonics, colon cleanse or colonic irrigation, colon hydrotherapy is a safe and effective method of getting rid of wastes and toxic build-up from the colon, without the use of drugs. Warm filtered water flows gently into the colon, softening waste and stimulating the colon’s natural peristaltic action. This is done repeatedly throughout a colonic session. Human toxicity is not limited to just our colon. Harmful material is found throughout the body, particularly in body fat tissue, arteries, joints, muscles, liver etc. Colonic cleansing effectively eliminates large quantities of such harmful materials, affecting the condition of the entire human body.
Colonic Benefits from our Professionally Trained Hydro Therapists in Toronto
Colonic Irrigation Benefits you may experience from detoxification include: improved wellness and digestion, attainment of ideal weight, increased energy, bright clearer skin, improved bowel function, minimize effects of aging, increase in mental clarity, elimination of food sensitivities, prevention of illness, better absorption of nutrients, and a boost in emotional wellbeing. If you are new to doing a colon cleanse in Toronto, colonics also go by the name of irrigation, cleanse, detox, digestive wellness and colon hydrotherapy.
Call now to find out more about the benefits of our colon cleanse sessions, nutritional consulting and weight loss services or review our testimonials and our prices for each treatment.